|Dr. Jute Wilson
Assistant Supt. Teaching and Learning
- The Lamar County School System, located in Barnesville, Georgia, comprises four traditional schools (primary, elementary, middle, and high), in addition to the Trojan Learning Center and Lamar County College & Career Academy.
- More than 350 employees proudly serve a diverse student population of approximately 2,800 students (61% White; 33% Black; and 6% Asian/Hispanic/Native American/Multi-Racial).
- All students in Lamar County School System are housed on one campus, which includes a state-of-the-art 1,000-seat Fine Arts Center and a beautiful stadium consisting of the latest artificial turf and an 8-lane rubberized track.
- Our school system has enjoyed recent success with graduation rates amongst the best in the state. In 2015, 91.2% of Lamar County students graduated in four years, the 14th highest of 180 school districts across the state.
- 100% of LCSS classrooms have high-speed Internet access, which includes almost 1,500 instructional computers and 14 mobile/wireless labs.
- Lamar County Schools pride themselves in offering first-class academic, extracurricular, and post-secondary opportunities. Lamar County College & Career Academy works with regional partners to provide Dual Enrollment coursework, Worked-Based Learning in local businesses, and Career Pathways in: Business & Technology; Army JROTC; Health Science; Education & Training; and Construction.
With tremendous support of the community, Lamar County Schools are looking forward to building on recent success to produce college and career ready students.
Learn today to succeed tomorrow!
Lamar County Schools will provide all students with an equitable and excellent education that prepares them for college, career, and life.
- Students are the first priority. Every decision and action must be based on the needs of our children.
- A safe and positive learning environment is critical for student, faculty, and staff success.
- Every employee of the Lamar County School System has a direct impact on student success.
- The alliance between homes, schools, and the community promotes students’ success.
- All Lamar County schools will provide a caring environment that embraces diversity, models respect, and develops responsibility.
- All students can experience academic growth with engaging, rigorous, and individualized learning.
- All students deserve well equipped, highly qualified, and motivated teachers who believe in each student’s ability to learn.
- Families can support our schools’ goals by ensuring students attend school regularly; participate in school activities; and teach/model quality character, values, and behavior.
- Our families and our community are integral to our students’ and our schools’ success.
- Education improves the quality of life for all Lamar County residents.