The Lamar County School District has designated the following information as Directory Information:
- Student's name, address, telephone number, and grade level;
- Student's date and place of birth;
- Student's participation in official school activities, clubs,and sports;
- Weight and height of student if he/she is a member of an athletic team;
- Dates of attendance at school;
- Awards received during time enrolled in our school system;
- Pictures of students involved in school activities.
Additionally, this law along with the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 and the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2002 all require that we mustprovide to military recruiters the student's name, address, and telephone listings upon request.
Unless you, as a parent/guardian or eligible student, request
otherwise, this information may be disclosed to the public or recruiters
upon request. You have the right to refuse to allow all or any part of
the above information to be designated as directory information and to
be disclosed to the public upon request. If you wish to exercise this
right, you must notify the Principal of the school at which the student
is enrolled in writing within 10 days after enrollment.