Calendar Released for 2016-2017 School Year
Posted on 02/10/2016
The Lamar County School System Board has released the calendar for school year 2016-17. Download your copy!
While we realize no calendar satisfies everyone's preference, we did carefully listen and consider the valuable feedback received from each school before finalizing this calendar. Thank you for your input. As you will see, this version contains:
- A full week of Fall Break to be Oct. 10-14 (dates coincide with every bordering county: Monroe, Thomaston-Upson, Butts, Pike, Griffin).
We are glad to approve a calendar with a full 180 days of instruction and 10 professional days for the second consecutive year.
- A full week of Winter Break to be Feb 20-24 (dates coincide with surrounding counties of Pike, Henry, Butts, Griffin, Newton, and Henry (Thomaston-Upson has a partial break at that time).
- Christmas Break falls near the semester break (89 days).
- 2 full days of PL before the Spring semester (Jan 2 & 3).
- We will start school on Friday, July 29. The majority of feedback supported a Friday start.
- Open House will be on Wednesday, July 27th. We will schedule the hours of open house to allow families to work around scheduled church events.
- Spring Break dates, April 3-7, coincide with Monroe, Thomaston-Upson, Butts, Newton, Henry, Jasper, and most of the state. It also gives us an additional 10 days of instruction before state assessments.
- 8 PL days are spread throughout the year. 2 days of post planning, teachers will finish in May